Thursday, February 01, 2007

NAIAS

For my annual post on the North American International Auto Show, I've snapped a few photos of my favorite (and not-so-favorite) automobiles. They're included below, along with snappy commentary in (mostly) grammatically correct sentence structures. Enjoy!

First up is my favorite car of the show, the Chevrolet Volt. I'm a nerd, so the advanced drivetrain is right up my alley. Also, I'm impatient, so the ready to be mass-produced quality is music to my ears. This is very similar to the request I made when reports of this car first surfaced a couple months ago. I hope they make it soon.


I was also impressed by the car below, the Mazda Ryuga. The organic flowing shape is modern and yet conveys a classic car look in the fenders. And dig the texturing on the sides. I love it.




Next up is the Acura sports car below, essentially the replacement for the NSX. As Car and Driver have pointed out, a shift has been made to a front engine, GT style people mover (the NSX being mid-engined). Though I like the looks of this concept, nothing is a done deal in that super competitive class, and we'll have to wait to see how this pans out for Acura.


Finally, I have to comment on a car many are hailing as one of the most important cars at the show and a huge positive for GM, the new Chevrolet Malibu. The looks have been roundly praised, with many saying it looks even better in person. I'm here to tell you it doesn't, and I wasn't impressed at all. Maybe all the hype got me too excited, but I thought it was dull looking, especially the somehow Passat-esque rear end treatment. I'll reserve my final judgment until I see them on the road however.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where is your glowing praise about the volvo c30?