Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A magnificent clarification

Check out this post by guest blogger Ross at The Daily Dish (Sullivan). I may disagree with the Catholic Church on some things, but in this arena I think we stand side by side. And this little post seems to get it, the reason why science and a faith in God are compatible. It also is one of the few posts on any blog that acknowledges one of the significant driving forces that keep people from being comfortable with evolution: the evolutionary biologists themselves. I don't see how proving evolution disproves God any more than all the previous scientific advances disproved God (and yes, he's still alive and well). But these biologists think otherwise, and they often fail to separate their science from their beliefs. One I accept. The other I don't.

No comments: